We all love a peaceful, relaxing day at the spa: it’s a great way to take time for ourselves and bring balance into our lives. However, it can also be hard to carve out the time and money needed to pamper ourselves at a posh spa. Luckily, creating your own spa experience at home is an easy and affordable option. Follow the simple seven steps below for a serene spa day in the comfort of your own home.
Creating a Home Spa
1. Light a few scented candles to set a tranquil tone and quiet your mind. If you have a Himalayan salt lamp nearby, turn it on to add to the calming atmosphere. These lamps are known to help clear sinuses and reduce stress, which makes them the perfect addition to any spa treatment.
2. Turn on some slow-tempo tunes to raise your serotonin levels, increase happy thoughts, and relax your mind. Try calming music that focuses on harmonizing instruments and nature sounds.
3. Start off by cleansing your face, neck, and décolletage, and then gently exfoliate all three of these areas. For a soothing homemade scrub, stir together 2 tbsp of finely granulated sugar and 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a small bowl, then rub over your face, neck, and décolletage in circular motions for at least 60 seconds.
4. Next, you will want to create your own facial steam. Boil a pot of water, add a few drops of a relaxing essential oil (good choices are lavender, marjoram, chamomile, or bergamot), drape a towel over your head, and inhale the steam for 5 to 10 minutes. Follow this by popping a moist towel in the microwave for 1 minute and then draping it over your face for at least 5 minutes.
5. Now you’re ready for a face mask: combine 1/2 cup hot water with 1/3 cup oatmeal, let soak for 3 to 4 minutes, then add 2 tbsp honey, 1 egg white, and 2 tbsp plain yogurt. Mix together well and apply a thin layer to your face, neck, and décolletage and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. While your mask is working its wonders, you can fill your bathtub with 2 cups of Himalayan or Epsom bath salts, a handful of bay leaves, and 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Run the water as hot as you can handle and take a long, blissful soak.
7. After you get out of the tub, moisturize your entire body and then treat your feet: add sea salt and a few drops of essential peppermint oil (peppermint) to a large bowl of warm water. Soak your feet for 5 minutes, then coat them in a thick foot cream and wrap each one in plastic and a moist, hot towel for 15 minutes.
If you are interested in understanding your finances, paying off debt, or taking your money to the next level, don’t miss out on powerful tools to help you succeed financially!
The Achieving Financial Freedom to Live the Life of Your Dreams course will empower you to achieve financial literacy, improve your money management skills, create a healthier relationship with money, and work towards achieving financial independence to live the life of your dreams.