Affirmations and mantras are great tools for individuals to use to help make positive changes in one’s life. By repeating a positive self-affirmation or mantra, you are “exercising” your unconscious mind and reprogramming your thinking pattern.
Studies have shown that repeating positive self-affirmations activate reward circuits in our brain that release dopamine—a “feel good” chemical that impacts our mood, makes us feel happy, and helps to lessen pain.
If you are feeling stress, positive affirmations and mantras are a powerful tool to help you change the way you’re thinking or feeling. Below are some helpful affirmations/mantras to use to help relieve stress. Repeat these to yourself on a regular basis either out loud or silently, write them down in a manifestation journal each morning or night, or place them on notes and adhere them to your mirror or computer. The goal is to get in the habit of repeating these to yourself over and over until they are engrained in your mind.
- It is acceptable to say “no” to others and “yes” to myself.
- When I take deep, intentional breaths my body relaxes, and my mind feels at ease.
- Joy is a choice and readily available to me.
- I am in control of where my thoughts flow and have the power to settle my mind
- I make time to nourish my mind, soul, and body.
- Taking the time to rest and recharge fuels my soul and make me healthy and whole.
- I radiate love towards others.
- With every breath I take, I become more at peace and feel my body and mind relaxing.
- I trust the process and chose to focus on light and love.
- I choose positive thoughts and focus on the bright side in all situations.
- I take breaks to clear my head and improve my ability to make better decisions.
Believe in them. Repeat them with conviction. Reap the benefits.