February 17 is national Random Acts of Kindness Day. Although we believe that kindness should be integrated into our lives every day, it doesn’t hurt to go above and beyond on a designated day.
Join us as we spread a little extra love and kindness today. And keep the momentum going by doing at least one kind thing every day.
Here are 25 ideas:
- Bake cookies or treats for a neighbor.
- Buy a positive card deck and leave cards in random places.
- Call someone you love or a longtime friend who you have not spoken to in a while.
- Compliment someone either in person, on the phone, or via text or email.
- Give others your full attention.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- If you are at a coffee shop, pay for the person behind you in line.
- If you are at a park, the beach, hiking trail, etc., pick up 10 pieces of trash and discard them in the nearest waste basket.
- If you are in an area where you frequently see a homeless person, pack a lunch with a sandwich, a bag of chips, and a bottle of water, and hand it to them the next time you walk or drive by.
- If you have a friend who owns their own business or offers services, share their information with at least 10 other people.
- If you see an expired parking meter, put coins in it.
- Invite someone over for a meal or a good conversation.
- Leave a basket of bottled water on your front doorstep for your mail carrier or delivery service drivers. Place a note on the basket thanking them and encouraging them to take a bottle.
- Mail someone a thinking of you card.
- Plan a small group outing or virtual gathering with family members or friends just because.
- Plant a tree in memory of someone.
- Send someone a copy of your favorite inspirational book.
- Send thank you cards or packages to service members.
- Smile at a stranger. Even If you are wearing a mask, its easy to tell when others are smiling.
- Surprise someone with a gift.
- Tell someone you love them, especially if you’ve never told them before.
- Thank someone special in your life.
- When driving on a toll lane, pay the toll for the car behind you.
- When grocery shopping, assist someone in reaching something on a top shelf or help them load their groceries into their car.
- Write a positive review for a favorite restaurant, store or vendor.
We are so grateful for YOU!
In loving kindness,
Jen & Natasha